There has been a huge rise in minimally invasive surgery (MIS) in urology. This has led for an urgent need for a textbook specifically dedicated to the issues and complications arising from laparoscopic and robotic procedures. With contributions from recognized urologic experts in MIS, Complications of Laparoscopic and Robotic Urologic Surgery fills this need by familiarizing the modern urologist with the common and the more eccentric complications of laparoscopic and robotic urologic surgery. Brief descriptions of the procedures are provided, as well as an in-depth discussion of the diagnosis and management of complications associated with that particular procedure.
The book is divided into three specific sections.
- The first section covers medical and general considerations.
- The second section provides a generalized discussion of common surgical complications. Complications specific to robotic surgery in general are emphasized in a separate chapter.
- The third section is dedicated to procedure specific complications.Complications of upper tract and lower tract laparoscopic and robotic procedures are discussed in different sub-sections.
Ample illustrations and images are provided throughout the text. As more urologists embrace laparoscopy and robotics, and more fellows and residents are trained in this subspecialty, the use of MIS technology in the field of urology is expanding. This unique volume will of great value to the practicing urologist adept at performing laparoscopy and robotics, the urologist training in these areas, and most importantly, residents in urology.
- Penulis: Reza Ghavamian
- Penerbit: Springer
- Edisi: 1
- Tahun terbit: 2010
- Language: English
- Harga versi cetak: $219.00
- Kembali ke Katalog Paket UpDate in Surgery